Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars: Movie Review


It's the teen romance movie that we've all been waiting for!

The movie is based off of the extremely popular young adult novel, "The Fault in Our Stars", by John Green. I'm sure you guys all know the story, so no need to summarize!

John Green is an amazing writer. I have read "The Fault In Our Stars" along with his other novels "Looking for Alaska" and "Paper Towns". His dialogue for each character is always hilarious. Anyone who reads his novels is able to relate to one of the characters because they are all realistic. And, he keeps his writing simple. No need for "The skies were slowly changing to blue, which was the sorrow I felt..."BLAH BLAH BLAH. (My rambling begins.)


Honestly, I read "The Fault in Our Stars" last year and I wasn't that impressed as others were. I loved Hazel and Gus, the plot and dialogue, but at times I just felt that something was missing. And, towards the end I became...bored. So, I didn't really have high expectations for the movie.

Shailene Woodley is in everything! I have already expressed my dislike for her in a previous movie review for "Divergent".

Image source: moviefanatic.com
Just like Kristen Stewart, I feel that she acts the same way in every movie she's in. Although she is a great fake crier, I just didn't believe that she was "Hazel". I give her props for taking the role seriously and chopping off her locks.

BRAVO ANSEL ELGORT, BRAVO!

Image source: cosmopolitan.co.uk
(SO CUTE! THE FEELS!)
He completely stole all of the shine from Shailene Woodley. He played the role of Gus 110%! His jokes didn't seem forced and he just seemed so genuine. He made me laugh so much throughout the movie. He is honestly the cutest thing ever! Overall, he did an amazing job and I can't wait to see him in more movies!

Nat Wolff played their friend, Isaac. He also did a great job! He was hilarious and I wish he had more scenes.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, it was freaking adorable and I would definitely watch it again. I know what you guys are all dying to know: Did I cry? NOPE.

Adorable "The Fault in Our Stars" Quotes and Photos
- It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.”
- "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
- "It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."
- "You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I can't tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity."
- "I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."
- You see, we may not look like much but between the three of us we have five legs, four eyes, and two and a half working pairs of lungs. But, we also have a dozen eggs so if I were you, I would go back inside."
I could go on FOREVER.

Favorite scene 1!
Favorite scene 2!
Can we have an "Ansel Elgort Appreciation Day"?
Image sources: hypable.com

Rating: 7.5/10

-xo, Ngozi

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't cry! :) But I guess I already knew what was going to happen anyway. Gus was the best part of that movie and I wish Isaac would've showed up in more scenes. And that last quote in your list was by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol exactly, I knew what was going to happen and I'm not that much of an emotional person. Gus a.k.a Ansel Elgort is the cutest thing ever! Thanks for reading (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: