Sunday, March 2, 2014

86th Academy Awards: Recap

*I own none of the photos I used*

So, how interesting and hilarious were the Oscars last night?!

Ellen did such a great job as a host; she kept the audience laughing and just made the show so much fun. What host do you know that orders pizza during the show? 

The 86th Academy Awards had many memorable moments.

Now, on to Best Dressed!


Best Dressed


What can't Lupita wear?! She turned heads on the red carpet in her blue plunging Prada dress. The headband was also a nice touch.


I was so happy for Lupita when she won an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role! I'd been crossing my fingers for months, the award was well deserved. She did a phenomenal job. During her acceptance speech, it really touched me when she said "When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you're from your dreams are valid." PREACH!

Princess Lupita!



I loved Sandra Bullock's hair! She looked stunning in her fitted Alexander McQueen gown.


YES YES YES JADA! Jada Pinkett-Smith slayed in a light coral Versace gown.


The always stunning Charlize Theron gave me life in her Dior dress. I like that she went with a little bit of accessories.

Worst Dressed


She looks like she can't breathe, the print isn't flattering, and the scarf is too much. Sorry Lady GaGa.


Christine Teigen, John Legend's wife, is a beautiful woman, but her dress was a big NO-NO. I'm a huge fan of floral, but that's just going overboard.


Sally Hawkins is adorable. Sadly, her dress wasn't...at all. The color nude washes her out! And, the style of her hair doesn't match with the dress's intricate design.


Are you a disco ball, Jennifer Garner? Try again.

Highlights



Jennifer Lawrence fell...again.


This photo is so funny and cute! I love both JLaw and Lupita's personalities.


Ellen ordered pizza and guess who got a slice? Brad Pitt! I've never seen anyone eat pizza and STILL be sexy. Angelina: "Where's mine? I'll take a veggie slice."


Hollywood star selfie! When Ellen tweeted this out, it literally broke Twitter. It's gotten over a million retweets! 


After P!nk's beautiful rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", Ellen decided to come out dressed as Glinda from "The Wizard of Oz". How can you not love Ellen?


Leonardo DiCaprio sadly didn't go home with the Oscar last night. He lost to Matthew Mcconaughey who gave a great speech. I still have hope and faith in Leo. Don't worry, we all love you!


What really threw me off was when John Travolta was presenting for Idina Menzel. He called her "Adele Dazeem". Was it the teleprompter orrrr? Either way, it was one of the most memorable moments of the night and I couldn't stop laughing!





"Gravity" racked up 7 awards, "12 Years A Slave" left with Best Picture, and "American Hustle" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" went home empty handed.



What did you think of the 86th Academy Awards? Who was Best/Worst Dressed? What was your favorite moment? Lemme know in a comment below (:

- xo, Ngozi

12 comments:

  1. i really think leo deserved to win! cute blog, id love it if youd check out mine and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/porefessional-benefit-review.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I felt so bad for him! He's still an amazing actor regardless. And thank you Amy, I'll be sure to check out your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Ngozi! I love the picture of Brad Pitt eating pizza! Hilarious! Lupita definitely was best dressed! Her style is flawless x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cliona! And, there are so many great photos from last night. I love Lupita so much, point blank

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Lupita looked incredible! The colour of the dress is lovely and it suits her perfectly! :D

    Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the oscars this year. I wss happy for lupita and ellen did a great job hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still can't believe JLaw fell again!

    Lots of love from the casper&pearl girls,
    casper&pearl blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't get over how amazing Sandra Bullock looked! And I love Jennifer Lawrence. She is my role model.

    untitled&unfinshed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!!! There were many past Oscars that were extremely boring however, I agree with you Ngozi Ellen did do an amazing job hosting the Oscars this year! Also there were tons of fabulous celebrities that looked stunning! :) Thanks for stopping by xoxo
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Glenda! Thanks for reading (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: