Saturday, August 23, 2014

Movie MANIA: If I Stay Review





Hey guys!

"If I Stay" is probably the most anticipated movie this summer for avid young adult fiction lovers. (After "The Fault In Our Stars" of course!)

"If I Stay" is based off of the New York Times Bestseller novel by Gayle Forman.

Mia Hall is an eighteen year old suddenly faced with the toughest decision that anyone could ever have to make. After a tragic car accident that kills her entire family, she has the difficult choice to wake up as an orphan or to die. She has an out of body experience and has flashbacks of her old life and what is currently happening at the hospital while she is fighting for her life.

Chloƫ Grace Moretz ("Kick Ass", "Carrie") plays the main role Mia Hall. Jamie Blackley plays her love interest Adam Wilde.

Usually I read novels before I watch the movie, but the trailer was just so epic that I had to watch it the day that it came out!


This movie is probably my favorite movie of the summer!

I really enjoyed it throughout the entire film and there was never a moment where my attention was somewhere else.


I loved the music that Adam's band played throughout the film. If they were actually a real rock band I would totally buy their albums!


Chloƫ and Jamie had so much chemistry on screen! I really felt as though I was apart of their love story. They're truly young amazing actors.


My absolute favorite scene! Jamie Blackley was a total hottie in this film and an amazing actor so I'm sure that he is set to be the next teen heartthrob and bonus points: he's British! (Move over Ansel Elgort).

Overall, I truly loved this film and would definitely watch it again! I don't understand why this movie has gotten bad reviews because it is amazing! GO WATCH IT NOW!

Rating: 8.5/10

Will you be going to see this movie? Have you read the novel? Lemme know in a comment below (:
- xo, Ngozi

4 comments:

  1. I read this book years ago but I can't remember much about it! I'll need to watch this as a refresher :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a must watch! I can't wait to read the novel (:

      Delete
  2. Yuppp one of my fave romantic movies for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I would be bored, but I was surprised that I actually liked it! Great review :)

    99 OUTFITS | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: