Friday, February 14, 2014

The Vampire Academy: Movie Review

*I own none of the photos I used*
I really don't know where to start with this movie, lol. I guess I'll start with how I ended up seeing it!

So, I met up my longtime friend Taylor in Downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. Cool thing was she had free tickets! Long story.

One day when she was in the movie theater, the theater received BOMB THREATS! So, they rushed everyone out and everyone got free tickets since they were unable to finish their movies.

Thank God nothing happened, but again we had free tickets!

We were hungry and had some time to spare.

My heart was really set on Nando's. Pause. If you've never been to Nando's, please hop in a car at this very moment because you are missing out on LIFE. Their french fries and chicken are...*checks my thesaurus* , exquisite! Lol. But, sadly the restaurant was full and my heart was crushed. I mean, what should I have expected on a Saturday night?

Taylor suggested Noodles and Company, and I had never been there so I said, why not!

Thank God there weren't any lines. And, the prices weren't too harsh on my wallet!

Taylor got the Pasta Fresca, which is penne pasta with chicken breast, tomatoes and spinach. She really loves it, and would suggest it to anyone! Our waitress didn't agree lol. She said, "It smells terrible!"

I got the Japanese Pan Noodles, which is udon noodles with chicken breast, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and a sweet soy sauce. It tasted like basic lo mein to me, but hey it was still pretty good!

(I'M SORRY FOR NOT TAKING PHOTOS! I'M NEW TO BLOGGING! I FEEL STUPID! FORGIVE ME! NEXT REVIEW, FOR SURE!)

So we're full and we head back to the theater.

The theater wasn't too full, but there were a good amount of people. 

As soon as the movie starts someone yells out, "So, who got chicken?!" I don't know why, but I thought that was funny cuz it was sooo random!

Let me finally start reviewing the movie.

I thought this was funny, lol

The movie is based off Richelle Mead's novel series, "The Vampire Academy". Rose Hathaway (played by Zoey Deutch) is a 17 year old Dhampir (half human/vampire) and her mission in life is to protect her best friend, Vasillisa "Lissa"  Dragomir (played by Lucy Fry). Lissa is a royal Moroi (the peaceful vampires) and Morois are to be protected from the Strigoi (evil and undead vampires). They escaped from St.Vladimir's Academy, but are eventually taken back where they uncover many secrets and dangers that occurred while they were gone.

Rose was my favorite character throughout the whole movie. I loved her powerful personality and her sarcasm was spot on! Zoey Deutch reminds me of Ellen Page ("Juno") or maybe it's just me!

At times, the movie became slow and dragged on. Also, the writing wasn't the best. Throughout the movie, there wasn't any moment where I wanted to jump out of my seat. I was pretty much underwhelmed. I had a good laugh throughout the movie though! My friend Taylor read the novels and she said that they stayed true to the books.

I heard it didn't do so hot in the box office and got a lot of negative reviews.

If you're a fan of teen vampires, a good comedy, lots of sarcasm, but no suspense, this movie is for you. I personally would watch this again...maybe once since it was funny. And plus, Dominic Sherwood who plays Christian Ozera is so hot, so it's worth another watch.

Rating: 6/10

- xo, Ngozi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: