Monday, May 19, 2014

2014 Billboard Music Awards: Recap


Last night, one of the biggest music events happened: the Billboard Music Awards which was hosted by Ludacris. For me, this year was...'MEH'. Emphasis on the 'EHHHHH'.

The line-up for the performances were: Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Lorde, 5 Seconds of Summer, Shakira, John Legend, and many more.

The only performances that I actually enjoyed last night were: John Legend, Imagine Dragons and 5 Seconds of Summer.

John Legend performed his No.1 massive hit, "All of Me". Which I'm kind of tired of due to the radio playing it 10 times in every hour. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating.

Imagine Dragons ALWAYS kills it on the drums; they never disappoint. The lead singer, Dan Reynolds, is also a hottie!
I was so proud of 5 Seconds of Summer because last night's performance was their U.S debut on national television. Even though, Kendall Jenner had ONE job and she couldn't even present them without messing up!
Gif source: popsugar.com
(We know you are...we know)
The first ever Michael Jackson hologram also debuted last night.
Image sources: billboard.com
 I'm honestly a huge Michael Jackson fan, but I didn't like the "performance". Maybe because of the song, I don't know. I may have to rewatch it.

The performances were VERY mediocre last night, I was very disappointed.

Now, let's move on to the fashion!

Best Dressed

Shakira never ages! Stunning! The color is amazing on her and the hairstyle is perfect.


Regardless of my immense hatred for Kendall and Kylie Jenner, they SLAYED last night. Kylie's hair actually works, HAWT. These girls are growing up a little too fast.

Shania Twain is aging like fine wine, YES MAMA WERK!

Worst Dressed

Was looking like a big black crow her goal? Lorde, DO BETTER.

Amber Rose...why?


Charli XCX is looking...not so fancy. (Get it? I'm a genius)
Image sources from: hollywoodlife.com, necolebitchie.com, and billboard.com

Overall, I didn't really enjoy this year's BBMAs! What was your favorite performance last night? Who was best and worst dressed? Lemme know in a comment below (:

-xo, Ngozi

4 comments:

  1. I love John Legend too bc his voice is amazing! I so agree with your the best and worst dressed celebs at the Billboards(: xoxo
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to watch this and do a post and I fell asleep doing both. Lol. BORED OUT OF MY MIND. I might try again later today. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at Kendall xD that was so quite awkward and then she said she couldn't read. Haha. But both the sisters have got good style though

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was exactly what i was thinking about Lorde's clothes too. LOL :D by the way great post!! so simple and understandable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: