Saturday, March 1, 2014

86th Academy Awards



*I own none of the photos I used*

The day we've all been waiting for, The Oscars!

I was so excited when I found out that Ellen DeGeneres was going to be hosting, this is going to be an epic and hilarious show!

Will either Leonardo DiCaprio or Matthew Mcconaughey win their very first Oscar?

Will the new rising star Lupita Nyong'o defeat the Hollywood stars Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lawrence for Best Supporting Actress?

Which movie will win most of the awards: 12 Years A Slave or American Hustle?

My Predictions
Best Animated Feature - Frozen
Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Best Actress in a Leading Role - Amy Adams (American Hustle)
Best Actor in a Leading Role - Leonardo DiCaprio (Wolf of Wall Street)
Best Directing - Steve McQueen (12 Years A Slave)
Best Picture - 12 Years A Slave

Well, let's take a look at some of the Best Fashion from a couple of the nominees!


 Jared Leto
Who would have ever thought that this rockstar from 30 Seconds to Mars would have racked up so many awards this year?! And, can you believe he's 42? 
  
I love that he tied his hair up! It gave him a nice fresh, sexy, and clean look.
(Golden Globes)

I love that he took his beautiful mother as his date!
(SAGs)

Looking good, Jared!
(Critics' Choice)
Amy Adams
I've loved Amy Adams ever since she was in "Enchanted". She is an amazing actress and is always so elegant.

Lovely lady in red.
(Golden Globes)

Amy was giving us a little bit of leg, scandalous!
(SAGs)

She looked stunning!
(BAFTAs)
Lupita Nyong'o
All hail the red carpet Queen of 2014! For any of you guys who have read my past blog posts, you would know that I'm in love with Lupita. I fell in love when I saw her at the Golden Globes, stunning. And, she is such a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see her in more upcoming movies. Can't wait to see what she's wearing at the Oscars!


STUNNING!
(Golden Globes)

She WORKED that dress.
(BAFTAs)

She looks fabulous in any color!
(Critics' Choice)

Her and her brother are so ADORABLE!
(Palm Springs International Film Festival)


What are your predictions for the 86th Academy Awards? Who did you love seeing on the red carpet this year? Lemme know in a comment below and catch The Oscars on March 2, 2014! (:
- xo, Ngozi

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vanessa! Of course I'll follow you on Bloglovin (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely words on my blog, means a lot to me and yes, I'm naturally blonde. Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: