Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Who To Look Out For: Lupita Nyong'o

*I own none of the photos I used*
Lupita Nyong'o is a rising and upcoming actress. She is 30 years old and was born in Mexico, but her parents are Kenyan. She was raised in Kenya, but came to the US for university where she attended Hampshire College. After graduating, she went back to Kenya where she starred in the television series "Shuga". She even wrote, directed, and produced a documentary called "In My Genes" which was about the treatment for albinos in Kenya. She later on went back to America and enrolled in Yale School of Drama. Shockingly right after, she was casted in the critically acclaimed "12 Years a Slave"!

The film stars Chiwetel Ejiofor who plays Solomon Northrup, a free slave who was sold back into slavery.

She was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress even though she didn't win. She has won the Critics' Choice Movie Award and the Screen Actor's Guild Award which are only to list a few. She has been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. I'm crossing my fingers that she wins! 

I recently watched "12 Years a Slave" and she was phenomenal! The movie was so emotional.

I love Lupita because she's humble, intelligent, well-spoken, and just plain beautiful! I see very big things for her in the future, watch out!

- xo, Ngozi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: