Saturday, January 25, 2014

The 56th Grammys


*I own none of the photos I used*
The music event we've all be waiting for! The Grammys! 

There's been rumors flying around that Queen B is opening up the show with her hubby, Jay-Z. I'm wondering if they'll be performing her new smash single "Drunk in Love". Either way I'm excited and I know she's going to SLAY.

It's even been said that Madonna is going to be performing!

Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis, and Lorde are only a few to name from the big list of performers this year.

Jay-Z has earned the most Grammy nominations this year with nine! 
Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis, Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar, and Pharrell Williams all come in close second with seven nominations.

My Predictions
Record of The Year - "Radioactive", Imagine Dragons
Album of The Year - "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City, Kendrick Lamar
Song of The Year - "Locked Out Of Heaven", Bruno Mars
Best New Artist - Kendrick Lamar


Artists Who Got SNUBBED
Ariana Grande for Best New Artist - Don't let the sweet face fool you, this girl has CRAZY vocals and her album "Yours Truly" was one of the best of 2013.




J.Cole "Born Sinner" for Best Rap Album - If his singles "Power Trip" and "Crooked Smile" weren't enough, every song on that album he spits straight fire. Lyricist!



Justin Timberlake "The 20/20 Experience" for Album of The Year - 4 words. Platinum in a week.



Notice how I didn't mention Miley Cyrus. Only TALENT was mentioned.

Anyways, I hope this year will be a good show! I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow, January 26, 2014, at 8/9 c. (:

- xo, Ngozi

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus either :) Thanks for sharing!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: