Friday, March 28, 2014

Kimye: Vogue Cover Controversy

Image source: eonline.com

When DON'T we hear about Kim and Kanye? Oops, I mean Kimye. Recently, they have been all over the media because they are on the cover of the 2014 April issue of the legendary Vogue Magazine.

An uproar was caused of people boycotting the magazine and threatening to cancel their subscription.

My opinion on this "controversy" can be summed up in two words: WHO CARES?!

Gif source: fanpop.com


Honestly, there are so many more important things in the world that need to be discussed but America is going crazy over a magazine cover!

Yes, I feel that to be on the cover of Vogue is an honor and Kim Kardashian and Kanye West don't deserve it.. at all.

But, there's no need to be talking about it for a week. Anna Wintour doesn't care about your hatred  and disappointment towards the cover because it's already a done deal.

Vogue has already been in hot water after photoshopping 'Girls' star Lena Dunham's photos from her shoot.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Kim and Kanye. Their relationship seems forced. I really want to know what Kim's talent is! If anyone reading this can tell me, please let me know. I used to love Kanye's music, me being a huge fan of hip-hop. But, then the whole 'Yeezus' shenanigans turned me off. Well, I give Kimye maybe another...2-3 years. Then, this whole craze will die down.

America is just giving Kim and Kanye what they live and breathe for: ATTENTION.

To end on a positive note, North West is probably one of the cutest babies ever!

Image source: fashiongonerogue.com
(Her little pout is adorable!)

Seth Rogen and James Franco also had their own fun with a parody of the cover. Hilarious!

Image source: nydailynews.com

What is your opinion on this whole controversy? Love or hate the cover? Lemme know in a comment below! (:

- xo, Ngozi

8 comments:

  1. I seriously don't know what Kim's talent is, either. She's weird..

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, 'weird' is a good word to describe her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't see why everyone is talking about that cover so much. But that's probably because I don't really follow Kim and Kanye. On the other hand, I LOVE the parody cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100% Lyn! Thanks for reading (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! After reading your comment on my blog it really made me smile and I thought I'd come check out your blog as well and it's awesome keep it up! :) but totally agree with this post! x

    Mary/AnotherCityUrbanite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm disappointed in Anna she's still my queen! North is the cutest but Kimye don't deserve this cover. However, American Vogue isn't always about the fashion. If it was it wouldn't sell much copies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right about the selling of copies. But yeah, North West slays more than her mother hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment! I appreciate it (: